- Avoid buying new equipment that uses a refrigerant with high GWP
- Move to low GWP alternative as soon as possible to be sure to have supplies of products. Find the best product for your application here.
- If direct move to low GWP HFOs is not possible, an alternative is to move to lower GWP blends, such as Genetron Performax® LT (R-407F).
- As a consumer of F-gases, ensure you have a long term supply agreement with a reputable producer or distributor
- When searching for as refrigerant replacement, consider the 4 important aspects: environmental impact, performance, safety and cost to purchase and serve
F-Gas Regulation A new F-gas Regulation applies from 1 January 2015 and it is a game changer for the whole refrigeration industry. It limits the amount of HFCs which can be placed on the market in the EU from 2015 onwards. It will also introduce bans on the use of certain F-gases based on GWP and date for both new equipment and for service. HFOs (hydro-fluoro-olefins) are an entirely new class of molecules developed by Honeywell that have ultra-low global warming potentials and are non-ozone depleting. Moreover, they are not defined as HFCs and therefore are not subject to bans or phase down. Honeywell recommends to